1 ) The two FBI agents expect that Mrs. Stevens give them the
names of people who are involved in illegal activities ,
that is to say, that belong to the Communist Party.
2) They question this housewife for several hours.
3) She realizes she can not get by without the assistance of a lawyer.
4) One of the officers pretended to be on his side, while the other continues to put pressure on him to admit it .
5) Mrs. Stevens knows that if she denounces his friends , they will be arrested and tried for treason.
6) She quickly understood that the two agents have evidence against it , and they will not hesitate to stop.
7) Criticizing policy McCarthy meant siding with the communists and thus betray his country .
8 )"The Crucible " can be seen as an allegory of trial
McCarthy. As Arthur Miller could not openly criticize the
Senator and his policy, his situation room during the first hunting
witch to denounce McCarthyism .
9 ) The principle
two witch hunts was the same : if you repent
giving names, you show that you want to protect your country
evil ( the Devil communism ) .
10) The sooner you cooperate ,faster you are released . More names you give , the more you were considered good patriot.