1) New York City was the U.S. capital from 1789 to 1790 .
2) More than 47 percent of New York City's residents over the age of 5 speak a language other than English at home.
3) New York's Central Park is larger than the principality of Monaco.
4) The Genesee River in NY is one of the few rivers in the world that flows south to north.
5) The Metropolitan Museum of Art (“The Met”) contains over 2 million works, making it one of the largest art museums in the world.
6) Central Park attracts 25 million visitors per year.
7) New York City is now the most populated city in the USA with more than 8.2 million people.
8) Manhattan’s Chinatown is the largest Chinese enclave in the Western Hemisphere.
9) More than 250 feature films are shot on location in New York City each year.
10) The Brooklyn Children’s Museum was the world’s first museum for kids.